Auckland Orienteering Series 4
Landowner: We are deeply grateful to the Otakanini Topu Incorporation for allowing us to use this forest for this event.
Directions: The Event Centre is as for JAFA Day 3 2015. GPS Coordinates 36.647591 South, 174.325326 East. From Auckland Central, head up SH16 and turn left into Rimmer Rd (before Parakai). Drive to the end of Rimmer Road and then follow the orienteering signs approx. 6km into the forest and the parking area. The total distance from central Auckland is approx. 65km. Allow 1 hour for the trip. Signposted from Waimauku.
To access Otakanini Topu, you travel through Woodhill Forest. Please keep your speed down once you leave the tar-sealed road and are on the forest access road. There will be a security person at each forest gate who will record your vehicle registration number. The conditions of entry to the forest are that:
- You have 3rd party insurance
- You drive with your lights on low beam in the forest at all times and not deviate from signed route
- You do not smoke in the forest
- You indemnify Woodhill Forest management and the host orienteering club, North West of any loss, damage or injury arising out of the use of your vehicle in the forest
- Parking is as directed. Please ensure that you park your vehicle so emergency vehicles and other vehicles can still use the road. KEEP ALL ROADS CLEAR OF STOPPED VEHICLES AT ALL TIMES.
There will be 9 courses to suit all comers, on intricate sand dune forest ranging from very open pine forest to areas of younger trees with reduced visibility. Some areas of thinning. This is the final chance to run on this map in its most glorious state for a very long time. Please note this is adjacent to the World Masters Orienteering Championships finals area to be used in 2017, which is embargoed.
Registration: open from 0915.
Starts: from 10am-1230pm. The start is adjacent to the Event Centre.
Entry Fees: Same as for Saturday. Please try to bring exact money.
Dogs are not permitted