Saturday Short O’s
This series of events has a choice of 3 short courses on maps providing lots of route choice around parks or buildings. The course lengths range from about 3.5km down to 1.5km and can be completed at a fast run in about 12 minutes or a gentle stroll in 30-40 minutes.
While set as sprints where orienteers need to make decisions at pace they are also ideal courses for beginners or people wanting a stroll/jog in a park on a course similar to course 3 at the SummerNav Series.
- Registration: **VENUE NOW AT St Andrews Road, Epsom**
- Starts: between 4 pm and 4:45pm.
- Courses: 3 short courses approximately 3.5km, 2.5km and 1.5km with the shortest one easier.
- SPORTident electronic timing so please bring your SportIdent e card if you own one (there will be cards available for hire at $3).
- Non-members: $8 adult, $4 student, $16 family max (plus e card hire)
- Members: $5 adult, $3 student, $10 family max
This weekend's sprint event on Saturday has moved from Auckland Girls Grammar School to Epsom Campus. Late in the planning stages (yesterday!) we discovered AGGS had double booked us with a rock festival, and the volume of people and traffic around this event made it difficult for us to manage everyone's safety.
Instead Epsom Campus have kindly come to the rescue and at short notice allowed us to switch our event there. The bonus is we get another chance to practice our skills on what is one of the most technically difficult sprint maps we have!
Access to the event is from the northern end of St Andrews Road. The date and time are unchanged - Saturday 16th June from 4.00pm.