Starting from the carpark at the end of the Orongorongo Track, this is the first six hour event on the Wellington Rogaine calendar since Waitangi Weekend. It's also the first time the Catchpool area has been used for a Rogaine in a number of years.
100% off-road, there will be a real route planning and navigation focus for this event. A few questions to wet your appetite:
- ever heard of the Old Five Mile Track, let alone been on it?
- what's more painful, going up Clay Ridge or McKerrow?
- when was the last time you got your feet wet in Grace's Stream?
- ever been down Baker's Track. Would you again knowing what it's like :-) ?
If you're doing the NZ Rogaine Champs in November, this should be a good event for your training.
We're going to put a BBQ on after the event, including a dontation to the Rimutaka Forest Park Trust, so the event will cost slightly more than the usual afterwork Rogaines:
- Pre-entry + Orienteering Club Member = $10 per person
- Pre-entry but not Orienteering Club Member = $15 per person
- No pre-entry = $20 per person
Register NOW at http://rogentry.ohv.org.nz/ using 'Other Rogaine A' as the event reference.
Rimutaka Forest Park is 30-40 minutes drive from Wellington Railway Station. Make sure you leave with plenty of time up your sleeve.