CSW Sprint and Summer Sprint Series: Sprint distance (shorter, urban) series – a good chance for new orienteers to have a go at orienteering in an urban environment on Wednesday evenings. These events form the first of the College Sport Wellington (CSW) series this year, and are also open to club members and the general public.
*** THIS EVENT ***
Park in the car park opposite the main College entrance, or along the edge of Duncan St. Do not drive into the College.
There will be two courses, C1 (longer, 2.4 km point-to-point) and C2 (shorter, 1.3 km point-to-point).
- Senior (year 12, 13) - C1
- Intermediate (year 10, 11) - C1
- Junior (year 9) - C2
- Year 7/8 - C2
- Primary - C2
C2 is set to be less difficult than C1, however it is above "white" level of navigation and so very young, inexperienced runners may appreciate adult support.
- Kerbs, low fences, chains and other terrain features present trip hazards. Be observant.
- Some areas of the terrain may become slippery in wet weather. Control speed through such areas.
- The College has evening activities. Be aware of members of the public and cars moving in the College grounds.
- Orienteers could appear around corners at high speed. Control speed around corners, do not cut too close to buildings.
Special junior rates:
- $5 map, or $7 with SportIdent ("dibber") hire; or
- pay $25 for a clip card for all 5 events, including the SI hire.