Basic introductory event for beginners new to Orienteering followed by College Sport Wellington first event. Good for absolute beginners as well as club members.
Parking on Bracken Road and adjacent streets
Enter here: https://entries.wellingtonorienteering.org.nz/
Sign up for helping with the event here
(Remember not to pay the event entry if you are helping then entry is free).
Two courses are available a Shorter (~1.5km, easier) and a Longer (~3km, harder)
- CSW seniors and intermediates (all genders) run Longer.
- CSW juniors, year 7/8, primary run Shorter.
- Public can run whichever course you choose.
- Shoes with some grip are recommended
- Other sports may be happening, please go around their pitches
- Newlands will be quite busy during the event, so watch out for members of the public. Prioritise safety over speed at road crossings, please.
- Cars in the staff car parks
- Bees - there are hives on the east side of Newlands Intermediate
- Scaffolding - around school buildings