Forest Event - Kelland Road - 2nd April 2023
Planner Greg Hughes (supported by John Robinson)
Controller Ross Brighouse
Idents/Computer Bryce Brighouse
Last Start 12:00pm
Course closure 2:00pm
Pre-entry required, no on the day registrations.
Check the website shortly before the event. Access can be prohibited for fire danger, high winds or other circumstances.
- Orienteering - on Foot - you choose your pace. Usually as individuals but groups can go together.
- All welcome (and you don't need to be a member to get started)
- Select from a range of 7 -9 courses of varying length and difficulty.
- Suitable for all ages, levels, and beginners. Some children need to be accompanied by adult.
- You may start any time between 10am to 12:00pm. If you would like to do more than one course - please ensure you restart before 12:00pm
- Courses close: 2:00pm. Please plan and ensure you return to the finish by course closure time.
- Read event information on display at registration.
- Help and getting started advice available at registration. Please ask.
- Bring your own food/water.
- Orienteering is Smoke Free. Absolutely NO smoking at event or anywhere in forest (including inside car or middle of road).
- Compass recommended (limited free hire available).
- Carrying a whistle recommended.
- The recognised distress signal is 6 blasts on whistle. Do not play with whistle as anyone hearing it will abandon their course to try and find you or report to registration.
- SPORTident timing in use. Hire available $3 each.
- Important: All participants must punch the finish and download SPORTident card even if they decide not to finish the course.
- Dogs (?) currently checking with landowners.
Standard Under 10 $0.00
Standard Junior $10.00
Standard Senior $15.00
Late Under 10 $0.00
Late Junior $15.00
Late Senior $20.00
Maximum Family Race Fee
Standard Family $40.00
Late Family $55.00
Non-club member levy
Non-club member levy (per race) $5.00
Non-club member levy (per family maximum) $15.00
SportIdent Hire (per race) $3.00
All fees are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax)
Standard entry fees apply until 29th March 2023
Late entry fees apply from 30th March 2023 until entries close on 31st March 2023
Under 10 is 9 years or younger (born in 2014 or later)
Junior is from 10 years to 20 years (born from 2003 to 2013)
Senior is 21 years or older (born in 2002 or earlier)
Family is up to two adults (21 and over) plus two (or more) children (20 and under) living at the same address
Non-club member levy does not apply if you are a member of any Orienteering club in the world
* Full time student is charged this fee
** Full time student included as child in Family fee calculation
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.