Auckland Forest Series Event # 2
Orienteering in Woodhill Forest - an area with awesome intricate sand dune terrain in a open pine forest. Superb orienteering maps. Always check the website shortly before the event. Access can be prohibited for fire danger, high winds or other circumstances.
- Orienteering - on Foot - you choose your pace. Usually as individuals but groups can go together.
- Orienteering in Woodhill Forest with complex sand dune detail.
- All welcome (and you don't need to be a member to get started)
- Select from a range of 9 courses of varying length and difficulty. Suitable for all ages, levels, and beginners. Some children need to be accompanied by adult.
- You may start any time between 10am to 12:00pm. If you would like do do more than one course - please ensure you restart before 12:00pm
- Courses close: 2:00pm . Please plan and ensure you return to the finish by course closure time.
- Read event information on display at registration
- Help and getting started advice available at registration. Please ask.
- Bring your own food/water.
- Orienteering is Smoke Free. Absolutely NO smoking at event or anywhere in forest (including inside car or middle of road).
- Compass recommended (limited free hire available).
- Carrying a whistle recommended. (Whistles available for purchase $2) The recognised distress signal is 6 blasts on whistle. Do not play with whistle as anyone hearing it will abandon their course to try and find you or report to registration.
- SPORTident timing in use. Hire available $3ea
- Important: All participants must punch the finish and download SPORTident card even if they decide not to finish the course.
- Dogs are permitted at this event
- Since COVID-19 we are using PRE-ENTRY (see home page for link in the week before the event) https://entero.co.nz/evento.php
- Earlybird fees close midnight Wednesday before the event.
- Late fees until midnight Thursday before the event: Plus $5 per person
- Early Bird fees :Members Adult $30 / Junior $20 / Family $80. This includes a $5 per person Woodhill Forest access fee
- Non members Adult $35 / Junior $25/ Family $95, including $5 pp Woodhill access fee
- Note late fees + $5 pp
- SPORTident hire $3 each.
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.