The Orienteering Challenge Series is a fun way to explore the beautiful Waikato countryside, experience an adventure sport, practice map reading and navigation, and improve your fitness. Run, jog, or walk - you set the pace!
By yourself, in a team, or as a family!
Fun adventure or a competitive challenge and race!
We provide you with:
- A high quality orienteering map
- Electronic timing
- Four course options on offer: (distance is 'as the crow flies')
- 1 x White (beginner) 1.8km
- 1 x Yellow (fairly easy) 3.6km
- 1 x Red Short (difficult) 3.7km
- 1 x Red Long (difficult) 5.7km
The challenge is to navigate your way around a series of checkpoints in correct order and in the least amount of time.
The race is on! All are welcome to have a go!
- Individuals, families, and groups
- Kids, adults, and seniors
- First timers through to competitive athletes
Orienteering Challenge Fees:
- Senior 20+yrs
- Members $20
- Non Members $30
- Junior 12-19 yrs
- Members $15
- Non members $20
- Under 0-12 yrs - Free
- SI (Timing Device) Hire $2
- Second Course is free if spare maps available