This event is our 2023 Orienteering Club Champs, but anyone can enter any course. If you want to be eligible for the club champs you need to enter the course that matches your age grade.
The Orienteering Challenge Series is a fun way to explore the beautiful Waikato countryside, experience
an adventure sport, practice map reading and navigation, and improve your fitness.
- Run, jog, or walk - you set the pace
- By yourself, in a team, or as a family
- Fun adventure or a competitive challenge and race
We provide you with:
- A high quality orienteering map
- Electronic timing
- Four course options on offer:
- 1 x White (beginner)
- 1 x Yellow (fairly easy)
- 3 x Red (difficult)
The challenge is to navigate your way around a series of checkpoints in correct order and in the least
amount of time.
The race is on! All are welcome to have a go!
- Individuals, families, and groups
- Kids, adults, and seniors
- First timers through to competitive athletes
5 courses 1) Red Long - ?km (difficult) 2) Red Medium - ?km (difficult) 3) Red Short - ?km (difficult) 4) Yellow - ?km (moderate) 5) White - ?km (easy)
To be eligible for club champs you need to enter the correct course for your age grade.
|Course #||Age Grade|
|1||M Open, W Open|
|2||M40+, M Under 20, W40+, W Under 20|
|4||M Under 16, WUnder 16|
|5||M Under 12, W Under 12|
Orienteering Challenge Fees
- Members $15
- Non members $25
- SI (Timing Device) Hire $2
- Family maximum – pay for 3