Pre-entry is available at https://entries.wellingtonorienteering.org.nz/
Pre-entries close on the day at noon.
Enter on the day:
Maps will be available.
Helpers are needed to coordinate parking, help with registration, start procedures and download.
A link to a sign-up form is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIVxRDsj7J9-CQSUoB0zLKe3ePjlGjqjweX3-WQ4e-bDQOBw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Parking and directions
Park along Glenmore Street (or better, use public transport) and enter through the West Gate (picket fence) shown on the map below.
You will then follow the signs past (9) and (10) on the map to Magpie Lawn which is the Event Centre.
Fast-ish orienteering, generally around schools or streets which will test your decision-making after a day in the office/classroom. Winning times 15-25 minutes.
Steep well-made paths, tracks and roads around areas of native bush and gardens.
|Course||Classes||Length, Climb and Number of Controls||Difficulty|
|Long||N/A||3.5km, 25 controls||Technically demanding|
|Short||N/A||2.0km, 16 controls||For developing orienteers|
6pm to 7pm
Distance to start
At event centre
Several toilets are available in the gardens; the most appropriate for competitors are by the Seasonal flower beds near Founders Gate (shown on the map above)
Wellington Botanic Gardens
Specific Hazards and Notes:
- Many other Gardens users, please be considerate
- Stay on marked paths and open grass, do not cut across garden beds
- Please take care around areas of construction
- Paths and grass may be slippery and uneven; that staff work with machinery and that service vehicles drive within the Botanic Garden
- Please keep children supervised and safe near water, power outlets and vehicles
- No climbing on fences, railings or structures
- Toilet floor may be slippery and surface could be uneven in parts
- Some plants are toxic. Do not touch plants and supervise children
Planner: Rachel Baker
Controller: Yvette Baker