Pre-entry will be available closer to the event at https://entries.wellingtonorienteering.org.nz/
Pre-entries close the day before the event at 23:59.
Enter on the day:
Helpers are needed to coordinate parking, help with registration, start procedures and download.
A link to a sign-up form will be available here closer to the event.
College Sport Wellington & Public Event
These events are traditional orienteering events held in parks around the greater Wellington region on Sundays from 11 am – 1 pm. These events provide an opportunity for students new to orienteering to experience non-urban events and learn how to orienteer, while providing a challenge to experienced orienteers.
Steep bush in Johnsonville Reserve and farmland north of Mt Kaukau.
11am to 1pm
Distance to start
|Course||Classes||Length, Climb and Number of Controls||Difficulty|
|Red Long||Senior Boys Championship||TBC||Technically demanding|
|Red Short||Senior Girls Championship||TBC||Technically demanding|
|Orange||Intermediate Boys Championship, Intermediate Girls Championship, Senior Boys Standard, Senior Girls Standard||TBC||Intermediate|
|Yellow||Junior Boys Championship, Junior Girls Championship, Year 7/8 Boys Championship, Year 7/8 Girls Championship, Intermediate Boys Standard, Intermediate Girls Standard, Senior Boys Novice, Senior Girls Novice||TBC||Easy/Developing|
|White||Junior Boys Standard, Junior Girls Standard, Year 7/8 Boys Standard, Year 7/8 Girls Standard, Primary Boys Standard, Primary Girls Standard||TBC||Beginners|
Parking and directions
Specific Hazards and Notes:
- Please ensure you maintain physical distancing from others not in your group.
- Please ensure you scan the QR code at the event centre.
- Please do not come to the event if you have any cold or flu symptoms, or if you or anyone from your household is awaiting covid test results.
- Once you have finished your course, please return to your car rather than hanging around the event centre.
- We request that people wear face coverings while in the event centre.