Entries will open soon at https://entries.wellingtonorienteering.org.nz/
Pre-entries close the day before the event at 23:59.
Enter on the day:
Helpers are needed to coordinate parking, help with registration, start procedures and download.
If you'd like to help, please sign up here. You don't need any experience, and you get a free run!
College Sport Wellington & Public Event
These events are traditional orienteering events held in parks around the greater Wellington region on Sundays from 11 am – 1 pm. These events provide an opportunity for students new to orienteering to experience non-urban events and learn how to orienteer, while providing a challenge to experienced orienteers.
All courses are available to adults or children not part of the CSW series. The "Classes" table below is for those who are in CSW.
|Course||Classes||Length, Climb and Number of Controls||Difficulty|
|Red Medium||Senior Boys Championship, Senior Girls Championship||2.8km||Technically demanding|
|Red Short||1.9km||Technically demanding|
|Orange||Intermediate Boys Championship, Intermediate Girls Championship, Senior Boys Standard, Senior Girls Standard||2.4km||Intermediate|
|Yellow||Junior Boys Championship, Junior Girls Championship, Year 7/8 Boys Championship, Year 7/8 Girls Championship, Intermediate Boys Standard, Intermediate Girls Standard, Senior Boys Novice, Senior Girls Novice||1.2km||Easy/Developing|
|White||Junior Boys Standard, Junior Girls Standard, Year 7/8 Boys Standard, Year 7/8 Girls Standard, Primary Boys Standard, Primary Girls Standard||1.1km||Beginners|
Parking and directions
Specific Hazards and Notes:
- Please ensure you maintain physical distancing from others not in your group.
- Please ensure you scan the QR code at the event centre.
- Please do not come to the event if you have any cold or flu symptoms, or if you or anyone from your household is awaiting COVID test results.
- Once you have finished your course, please return to your car rather than hanging around the event centre.
- We request that people wear face coverings while in the event centre.
Planner: Caspar Harmer
Controller: Simon Teesdale