- Find as many checkpoints as you can in 2 hours. Complete fun mystery activities for bonus points.
- Suitable for families with kids (including the littlies under 5 years old) through to Olympic cyclists.
- All you need is a bike and a team of 2-5 people.
- Optional dress-up competition with great prizes.
- We will provide a specially prepared map and instructions, you plan a route for your team and ... let the fun begin!
- Registration - From 1.00pm
- Briefing - 2.00pm
- Start - 2.30pm
- Finish - 4.30pm. Competitors can finish earlier, but all competitors must be at the finish by this time. There will be penalties if late.
- Pizza will be available from 4.30pm.
- Prize Giving and Spot Prize Draw - 5.00pm (Category winners will be acknowledged.)
- Bike, helmet and suitable clothing.
- Water and food for race as appropriate.
- Open - Any teams not competing in one of following categories.
- Student - All competitors students at secondary, intermediate or primary school.
- Mixed Age Pedal Power - Different ages with at least one team member 12 years or under riding their own bike independently.
Note the "Mixed Age Pedal Power" category is targeted at Family groups.
Teams can be made up of competitors from different Families but to be eligible for the category there must be in the team at least one team member 12 years or under riding their own bike independently and there must be at least one adult 18 and over.
FANCY DRESS COMPETITION
- There will be an optional fancy dress competition with a prize for the best dressed individual/team.
- There will be a them for the event (still to be announced) and you may wish to tie in with this to get bonus points with the judges
SPOT AND OTHER PRIZES
- Details of exciting spot prizes up for grabs will be posted soon.
For further details, cost and online entry refer to: http://www.obop.org.nz/mtb-adventure-quest-2018.html