The Rugged Rogaine Series is a fun way to explore the beautiful Waikato countryside, experience an adventure sport, practice map reading and navigation, and improve your fitness.
- Run, jog, or walk - you set the pace
- By yourself, in a team, or as a family
- Fun adventure or a competitive challenge and race
What: 2 & 4 hour rogaine through forestry and over farmland where teams/individuals have to find as many controls as they can in that time. The control points will vary so it is important to spend a bit of time planning a route. If you're late back points will be deducted for every minute you're over the cut-off time. The two hour race can be done solo but the 4 hour race must be done as a team (2-5 people, Men/Women/Mixed/Junior). The event is pre-entry only. Enter here: https://entero.co.nz/evento.php?eventName=rr-2021.
We provide you with:
- A Rogaine map
- A 2 hour or a 4 hour Rogaine course
- Electronic timing
The challenge: Visit as many checkpoints as you can in the time available. Some are worth more than others so make sure you choose the best ones to visit! Don’t be late back as you will lose points!
The race is on! All are welcome to have a go!
- Individuals, families, and groups
- Kids, adults, and seniors
- First timers through to competitive athletes
Compulsory Gear List
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm* thermal base layer top (long sleeve)
- Warm* hat
- Adequate food
- Adequate water
- Fully charged phone in waterproof bag
Other Recommended Gear:
- Warm* gloves
- Basic first aid kit
- Survival blanket
- Head torch
*Warm thermal means wool, merino, fleece, down, polyprop or equivalent material.
PRE-REGISTER ONLY. Pre-entry close off date: Thurs 10 June.
The event is pre-entry only. Enter here: https://entero.co.nz/evento.php?eventName=rr-2021.
Pickup SI cards from 9am, briefing and maps handed out at 9:45am for 4 hour race and 11:45am for 2 hour race. Planning time will be approximately 30 minutes.
Start at 10:30 am (4hr) or 12:30pm (2hr)
2 hour/4 hour
- Under 12 - Free
- Junior 12 - 19 years $15/$20 (Member $10/15)
- Seniors 20 years & over $25/$35 (Member $15/25)
- SI (Timing Device) Hire $2