Welcome to NASEBY, for the 2015 South Island Orienteering Championships, which will be held over Labour Weekend.
There will be three events:
- Short Distance event late afternoon of Saturday 24th October, on a brand new map (mapped by Michael Wood) called Sandpit.
- Long Distance event on Sunday 25th October, using the original Naseby forest area
- Middle Distance event as early as possible on the morning of Monday 26th October, on a brand new map (mapped by Nick Hann) called Broomgrove
Two associated events are:
- "what makes a great course" session on a big screen at the Ancient Briton pub, over drinks and snacks, between 4 - 5pm on the Sunday
- Mountain Bike Orienteering course and controls will be put out over the weekend, for competitors to do in their own time, maps available at the club caravan each day
Book your accommodation early! Consider the weather... The last South Island Champs at Naseby in 2012 had us in shorts and singlets on one day, and knee deep snow the next... Options include; the Royal Hotel, the Ancient Briton Hotel, Larchview Campground and Naseby Lodge.