Summer Series Orienteering is a fun way to explore Waikato parks and districts, experience an adventure sport, practice map reading and navigation, and improve your fitness.
- Run, jog, or walk - you set the pace
- By yourself, in a team, or as a family
- Fun adventure or a competitive challenge and race
We provide you with:
- a high quality park orienteering map
- 2 course options. (1-2km for beginners; 3-4km for more of a challenge)
The challenge: plan and follow your best route to visit the points in correct order, taking the least amount of time.
Utilizing GPS tracking. Make sure you install MapRun6 app on your phone before you turn up. (http://maprunners.weebly.com/).
Note that you can still participate if you don't have a smartphone.
The race is on! All are welcome to have a go!
- Individuals, families, and groups
- Kids, adults, and seniors
- First timers through to competitive athletes
New to the sport of Orienteering? Check out Auckland club's Summer Nav Getting Started Guide.
Summer Series Fees
- Members $10
- Non members $15
- Family maximum $30 (living at same address)
Start Time: 6:00 - 6:45pm (register from 5:45pm)
COVID update - Red setting
Nothing like another COVID curveball to start off the orienteering season! To help minimise the risks and allow anyone to come along we have made a few changes.
Larger Start Window
On Wednesday you can start anytime between 6:00pm and 6:45pm. We'll review this window as the season progresses.
This doesn't mean you won't have to wait, but please don't form any large groups. If you see a crowd, hang back until the crowd disperses. Maintain good social distance and wear masks before and after your event.
Our volunteer will write your name and phone number and record how much you have paid. Remember $10 for members and $15 for non-members (maximum $30 for family at the same address).
- Please bring the correct change, OR
- Pay online to 03-1561-0027195-00, OR
- Leave a credit for your next event
We will not be forming a queue as in previous years. Anyone who has been before and has no questions can start in their own time. The PIN numbers will be on a sign in the start area. Please don't form a queue, wear a mask before and after your event and maintain social distancing. We will have someone available to answer any questions.
There will be no prizegiving or pizza at the end of the event to avoid us gathering together.
Common Sense Applies
Please don't come if you are unwell or if you've been told to isolate.