Summer Series Orienteering is a fun way to explore Waikato parks and districts, experience an adventure sport, practice map reading and navigation, and improve your fitness.
- Run, jog, or walk - you set the pace
- By yourself, in a team, or as a family
- Fun adventure or a competitive challenge and race
We provide you with:
- a high quality park orienteering map
- 2 course options. (1-2km for beginners; 3-4km for more of a challenge)
The challenge: plan and follow your best route to visit the points in correct order, taking the least amount of time.
Utilizing GPS tracking. Make sure you install MapRun6 app on your phone before you turn up. (http://maprunners.weebly.com/).
Note that you can still participate if you don't have a smartphone.
The race is on! All are welcome to have a go!
- Individuals, families, and groups
- Kids, adults, and seniors
- First timers through to competitive athletes
New to the sport of Orienteering? Check out Auckland club's Summer Nav Getting Started Guide.
Summer Series Fees
- Members $10
- Non members $15
- Family maximum $30 (living at same address)
Start Time: 6:00 - 6:45pm (register from 5:45pm)
We are not requiring vaccine passes at our Summer Orienteering events. We are endeavouring to run with zero contact. Our volunteer will record your details at registration. Please bring the correct change, pay online or leave a credit for the next event. Thanks.