Pre-entry will be available closer to the event at https://entries.wellingtonorienteering.org.nz/
Pre-entries close the day before the event at 23:59.
Enter on the day:
Helpers are needed to coordinate parking, help with registration, start procedures and download.
A link to a sign-up form will be available here closer to the event.
Orienteer of the Year (OY)
These events are traditional orienteering events held around the greater Wellington region on Sundays from 11 am – 1 pm. These events take place in some of Wellington's premier orienteering locations, and are generally more challenging than local events. OY events are a regional points-scoring series, with the winners crowned "Orienteer of the Year" following the events' conclusion.
Intricate sand dunes vegetated with runnable pine forest. Sections of dense macrocarpa which require confident navigation.
11am to 1pm
Distance to start
|Course||Classes||Length, Climb and Number of Controls||Difficulty|
|Red Long||TBC||TBC||Technically demanding|
|Red Medium||TBC||TBC||Technically demanding|
|Red Short||TBC||TBC||Technically demanding|
Parking and directions
Specific Hazards and Notes:
- Please ensure you maintain physical distancing from others not in your group.
- Please ensure you scan the QR code at the event centre.
- Please do not come to the event if you have any cold or flu symptoms, or if you or anyone from your household is awaiting covid test results.
- Once you have finished your course, please return to your car rather than hanging around the event centre.
- We request that people wear face coverings while in the event centre.