Winter Score Series
Special notes for this event:
- No white course, so be prepared to run along with your less experienced juniors - make a team, it's fun!
- There are no toilets at the event, nearest ones are down in Northland shops, at the corner of Randwick and Northland Roads.
- We are based at Stellin Memorial Park on Te Ahumairangi (Tinakori Hill). The carpark is small and available only for event organisers and helpers, please. Everybody else should park down on Orangi Kaupapa Rd.
Four events, all based on local maps which present a good score challenge. For this event:
- Event lasts 1 hour
- Registration from 11, mass start and maps at 11.30
- Individual starts 11.30-12.00
- Every control is worth 10 points
- We have 6 competition categories: Junior (12 or under); College junior (13-15); College senior (16-18); Open (19-55); Veteran (55+); Junior+adult team.
- Teams can participate against individuals. They enter the oldest age group they qualify for (except teams made of an adult and a junior, who have their own category).
- You get 20 competition points for winning the category, 19 for being second down to 1 point.
- You win by having the most points from visiting controls. In the event that 2 teams have the same points, the first one back wins.
- Your final competition points tally is taken from your best 3 of the 4 events.