Four events, all based on local maps which present a good score challenge.
- Events last 1 hour
- Register from 11, briefing 11.25, starts at 11.30.
- There are some patches of Ongaonga (not on the junior course). Full leg and arm cover is strongly recommended.
- Nearest toilets are at Karori Library.
- Montgomery Ave is a residential street, please park with care and thought for the locals.
- Two options: Full score event or a junior "scatter" (get any 8 controls from 10, fastest wins).
- The junior event uses the forest above Karori Park which has a confusing maze of tracks. Less experienced navigators should be followed (or run an adult+junior score).
- We have 6 competition categories: Junior (12 or under); College junior (13-15); College senior (16-18); Open (19-55); Veteran (55+); Junior+adult team.
- Teams can participate against individuals. They enter the oldest age group they qualify for (except teams made of an adult and a junior, who have their own category).
- You get 20 competition points for winning the category, 19 for being second down to 1 point.
- You win by having the most points from visiting controls. In the event that 2 teams have the same points, the first one back wins.
- Your final competition points tally is taken from your best 3 of the 4 events.