Women with Baby Orienteering
MTBO Starters
Event Discussion
Event Discussion
Members: 12 members  Active: 3 years, 6 months ago

Open discussion about Events. (Note: To add images, use the toolbar to link to the full URL of the image file ( usually starts with http://  and ends .jpg ) or to upload an image by clicking on “media” tab and then upload. Best size for chat is 500px wide).

NZ Champs 2015

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Counties Manukau Orienteering Club 4 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Paul i
    Participant

Mapping is almost complete.

The Middle, Long and Relay terrain is to be held on varied and interesting Limestone Karst terrain SW of Pukekohe.  Each day will be unique as the variety of topography differs greatly within the large area. Nature has dished up a tasty mix of geological delights created by thousands of years of erosion. Depending on the day, runners will experience various degrees of complex small karst rock, canyons among houses [rocks] the size of buildings [(incl houses)],  huge limestone bluffs with gardens of fallen boulders, patches of native bush, tea tree and pine, valleys of complex small tributaries and marshes draining the land. Contour is mixed from flattish rolling to steeper areas with everything in between.

Paul i
    Participant

ahhh yeah, *rocks the size of buildings (incl houses)

Paul i
    Participant

Paul i
    Participant

Test User – ONZ
    Participant

NZChamps2015

Hi Paul,

I have added a note above to help with images. “To add images, use the toolbar to link to the full URL of the image file ( usually starts with http://  and ends .jpg ) or to upload an image by clicking on “media” tab and then upload. Best size for chat is 500px wide).”

In this case with Google Plus albums, go to the page displaying the individual image you want to include, right click the image and select “Copy image URL”. Back here in the chat forum, click on the image button in the toolbar and paste it as the source for the image. The alternative is to upload the image via the media tab.

Cheers – Roger.

Test User – ONZ
    Participant

Paul i
    Participant

The closest main centre with all facilities is the rural centre of Pukekohe, the heart of the beautiful and thriving Franklin District in South Auckland.
    Pukekohe is around 50 mins drive from the middle, long and relay event centres.
    Note: The last 10km or so travels down a narrow gravel road accessing the local farms. It is imperative that extreme care is taken as various local traffic including trucks and tractors may share the road and meet you on a blind corner at any time.
    The Sprint in my understanding will be closer to Pukekohe.
    http://www.franklincountry.com/Towns-and-Regions/Pukekohe
    There may be some other options that will hopefully go up on a more thorough formal event information post.

A reminder that entries close this week

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LOGIN