The NSL was new in 2022 and is aimed at increasing New Zealand’s competitiveness and preparedness for sprint racing as WOC moves to a sprint only WOC in even years from this year.
Scoring in the individual sprints is based on 100 points for the winner in M/W and points for others scaled according to time. For KO sprints the calculation is more complex but roughly follows that adopted by the IOF for WRE KO races.
The 2022/33 competition consists of the following events:
- 2022 SI Champs Sprint (Geraldine)
- Southern O Week (Lincoln): individual sprint and KO sprint
- Katoa PO weekend (Taupo): 2 individual sprints
- Easter (Palmerston North): individual sprint
- King’s Birthday (Hamilton): individual sprint
- ONZ Champs Sprint (Hastings)
Final score will be based on the best 5 individual sprints + the KO.
Leader boards are: