It is just on a year to the 2015 Oceania Championships in Tasmania which will also include the opening round of the 2015 IOF World Cup, the Australia/New Zealand Challenge and an Aust/NZ Schools Test Match. That’s not all, stay on after Oceania and orienteer in and around Tasmania’s capital city Hobart in the week following with The Hobart Shorts.
Are you making plans to be there and take part?
The Oceania Carnival program has been finalised and promises to provide wonderful orienteering in some classic Tasmanian orienteering terrain and will include areas never before used for orienteering.
- Fri Jan 2nd World Cup Sprint Prologue Launceston
- Sat Jan 3rd World Cup Sprint, Oceania Sprint Launceston
- Sun Jan 4th Oceania Relay Diddleum
- Tue Jan 6th Oceania Middle Avoca
- Wed Jan 7th Aust/NZ Schools Relay, Public Race Swansea
- Thu Jan 8th World Cup Middle, Aust/NZ Schools Ind, Public Race Coles Bay
- Sat Jan 10th World Cup Long, Oceania Long Model St Helens
- Sun Jan 11th Oceania Long St Helens
Travel and Accommodation
January is a popular holiday time in Tasmania and it is advisable to book accommodation early, especially if you are not planning to camp. The same goes if you are planning to hire a car or campervan/mobile home. Our preferred partner AutoRent Hertz is offering excellent deals on car and campervan hire and we encourage you to book your transport needs though Autorent Hertz
- For more information about travel and accommodation go to oceania2015.com/travel-info/
- For more information about vehicle hire with AutoRent Hertz go to oceania2015.com/carcampervan-rental/
The entry system will be open soon for both the Oceania carnival and Hobart Shorts series
The Hobart Shorts
Wind down in Hobart after Oceania and take part in The Hobart Shorts. Six sprint style races in four
days mixing both urban and forest. Mid-January is a great time in Hobart with lots happening in and
around the city and if adventurous art and music is your thing take in some of the offerings of the
MONA/FOMA arts and music festival.
If you can’t find answers to what you are looking for on the Oceania website then contact Event
director Bernard walker via email [email protected]