Every year two Board Members complete their three-year term and we invite applications for these positions. If you are interested, below are the responsibilities of the Board as well as the time frames for receiving and voting on applicants.
We encourage anyone interested to in applying to talk to any of our current Board members: Jenni Adams (PAPO), Magnus Bengtsson (Wellington), Peter Swanson (OBOP), Marquita Gelderman (North West), Guy Cory-Wright (Auckland), Sarah O’Sullivan (Wellington). You are also more than welcome to call or email our General Manager Christo Peters about the position email@example.com, 027 714 0915.
The Board Application Form can be found at the end of this post.
ONZ Board Role and Responsibilities
The Board is responsible for the governance of ONZ.
The role and responsibilities of the Board shall be to provide good governance to ONZ including:
- Establishing a strategic plan for ONZ
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance of ONZ against the strategic plan
- Receiving, reviewing and approving the annual business plan and financial budget
- Monitoring ONZ performance against the annual business plan and financial budget
- Approving annual financial statements
- Addressing the ongoing viability and sustainability of ONZ
- Monitoring regulatory compliance for ONZ
- Establishing, reviewing, and monitoring policies for the good governance and guidance of ONZ
- Fostering interaction and communication across the Membership and others involved in ONZ
- Appointing, monitoring, and reviewing the General Manager
- Adopting and communicating a best practice performance culture and supporting programmes nationally
- Having full insight and understanding of significant transactions across ONZ
- Being accountable to Members for its performance
2024 Council Election Process
4 December 2023 ONZ Board Vacancy – Applications Open
- Applications (not nominations) may be received from any current financial member of an ONZ Club.
- Clubs are not required to endorse any application.
- Clubs will only be required to vote if applications received exceed ONZ Board vacancies.
- 17 February 2024 Applications Close
- By 29 February 2024 Applicant information forwarded to Clubs and posted on the ONZ website
1 March 2024 Voting Opens
- We will use Google Forms to record votes
- An email will be sent to each Club Secretary with the link to the voting form.
- Only 1 vote per Club (weighted according to Club Membership Numbers).
- The successful candidate(s) will be those with the most club votes (adjusted by club membership numbers)
- 31 March 2024 Vote Closes
Board Applications must be received by Friday 17th February 2024 and need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org