Orienteering NZ Council Vacancy – 2 year term
At the ONZ AGM on 26 March 2016 a new constitution was adopted. Within the new constitution was a new Council structure and voting process.
As a result of the adoption of the new constitution, a vacancy on the Council is now available. This vacancy is as a result of the Area Representative positions being replaced by Elected Council members.
Under Clause 8.8 and the Transition Clause 20.3, this vacancy is for a period of 2 years (until 2018) to enable the rolling rotation of Council member elections.
ONZ Council Role and Responsibilities
The Council is responsible for the governance of ONZ.
The role and responsibilities of the Council shall be to provide good governance to ONZ including:
- Establishing a strategic plan for ONZ
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance of ONZ against the strategic plan
- Receiving, reviewing and approving the annual business plan and financial budget
- Monitoring ONZ performance against the annual business plan and financial budget
- Approving annual financial statements
- Addressing the ongoing viability and sustainability of ONZ
- Monitoring regulatory compliance for ONZ
- Establishing, reviewing, and monitoring policies for the good governance and guidance of ONZ
- Fostering interaction and communication across the Membership and others involved in ONZ
- Appointing, monitoring and reviewing the General Manager
- Adapting and communicating a best practice performance culture and supporting programmes across ONZ nationally
- Having full insight and understanding of significant transactions across ONZ
- Being accountable to Members for its performance
- Communicating and responding to IOF and looking to enhance ONZ’s relationship with other international orienteering organisations.
Applicants must be a current financial member of an ONZ Club.
Application Deadline – 30 April 2016
Applications are now being invited for this vacancy.
Applicants are to provide a statement outlining their reason for applying as well as their skills and experience which they would bring to the ONZ Council. Please note this statement will be circulated to all ONZ Clubs during the election process.
Applications to be sent to Catriona McBean, General Manager, [email protected]