The World MTBO Championships will be held in Agueda, Cantanhede and Mealhada, Portugal from 25-30 July 2016.
Athletes will be selected on “Known Form” as no trial is required. Emphasis will be placed on recent New Zealand or Australian Championship performances.
[as per the Orienteering Policy G1 – Selection Policy approved December 2014].
- The following selection criteria shall be applied by the respective Selection Panel when selecting a team.
- The objective of selection is to select a team which is likely to produce the most successful results at the competition for which athletes are being selected.
- Selection shall be either by performance in nominated selection trials or selection events when trials are deemed necessary, or Known Form (as defined in clause 3.5) if no trial is required.
- Where selection is based on a trial and the trial course or event is invalidated, selection may be based on Known Form.
- Known Form will include the athlete’s recent performances in high standard events in New Zealand and/or overseas; previous performance in New Zealand representative teams; and likely performance in the anticipated competition terrains.
All orienteers interested in selection for the 2016 WMTBO team shall notify their interest, year of birth, and cell phone number to the Convenor of MTBO Selectors Peter Swanson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 30 May 2016.