15 December 2015
The Orienteering World Cups for 2016 will be held in Wroclaw, Poland (30 April – 2 May) and Jesenki, Czech Republic (21-28 May).
The 2016 World Cup selections will be based on KNOWN FORM.
[as per the Orienteering Policy G1 – Selection Policy approved December 2014].
- The following selection criteria shall be applied by the respective Selection Panel when selecting a team.
- The objective of selection is to select a team which is likely to produce the most successful results at the competition for which athletes are being selected.
- Selection shall be either by performance in nominated selection trials or selection events when trials are deemed necessary, or Known Form (as defined in clause 3.5) if no trial is required.
- Where selection is based on a trial and the trial course or event is invalidated, selection may be based on Known Form.
- Known Form will include the athlete’s recent performances in high standard events in New Zealand and/or overseas; previous performance in New Zealand representative teams; and likely performance in the anticipated competition terrains.
All orienteers interested in selection for the 2016 World Cups shall notify their interest, year of birth, and cell phone number to the Convenor of Selectors Al Cory-Wright ([email protected]) by the following dates:
Round 2 – 15 January 2016 (entries fees are required to be paid by 31 January)
Round 1 – 1 February 2016