World University Orienteering Champs 2014 – Olomouc, Czech – 12 -16 August 2014
Each country may enter a team consisting of up to 12 competitors (6 men and 6 women)
Maximum number for participation in each race:
- Mixed Sprint Relay – 1 team of 2 men + 2 women.
- Sprint – 4 men + 4 women
- Middle- 4 men + 4 women
- Long – 4 men + 4 women
- Relay – 2 men’s team (of 3) + 2 women’s team (of 3)
Participants must be:
- Students who are currently officially registered as proceeding towards a degree or diploma at a University or NZ Qualification Authority recognised Institutes of Technology and Polytechs, or have obtained degree/diploma in 2013;
- Born between January 1st, 1986 and December 31st, 1996;
- Full passport-holding citizens of New Zealand.
All athletes interested in and eligible for selection for the 2014 WUOC team should notify the Convenor of Selectors, Peter Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 23 December 2013, with the following information:
- Details of University registration of degree/diploma conferral;
- Year of birth;
- Confirmation of holding a NZ passport valid for the duration of the competition.
Selection for the WUOC team will be based on performances in 2014, up to and including the NZ National Championships. All known form will be taken into account, but most weight will be placed on performances at the Nationals. The primary performance criterion for selection will be selected athletes should be expected to finish in the top half of the field at WUOC.
The team will be announced by 30 April 2014.
- Monday 11 Aug Opening ceremony
- Tuesday 12 Aug Sprint Mixed Relay
- Wednesday 13 Aug Long Distance
- Thursday 14 Aug Sprint Distance
- Friday 15 Aug Middle DistanceSaturday 16 Aug Relay & Closing ceremony
NZOF Convenor of Selectors