TŪĀRAKI (Northern) REGIONAL CHAMPS UPDATE 14/10/21
Postponed until 12-13 February 2022
Given the current Covid19 situation, Orienteering Bay of Plenty and Taupo Orienteering Club have decided to postpone the Tūāraki North Regional Champs at Labour Weekend 2021.
Full details can be found at www.obop.org.nz.
Postponement Date and Revised Event Schedule
- We will now be looking to run the events on the weekend of 12-13 February 2022. The events will be condensed over 2 days. The Middle and Sprint in Taupo will take place on the Saturday, and the Long will take place in Rotorua on the Sunday. We will not run the Harris Interclub Rogaine.
- Entries remain open and any entries will automatically be carried over to the postponement date, but note Refund information below.
- We will also not have an organized dinner. We may suggest informal socializing locations in Taupo and Rotorua close to the time.
Decision Criteria and Key Dates
- The events will go ahead on 12-13 February if Auckland and the rest of the Northern region are all in Level 2 or lower and are permitted to travel to Taupo and Rotorua at the date of the event.
- Key dates for deciding whether events proceed and entry closing dates have been updated on the event website – www.obop.org.nz.
· Please consider whether you fall into any of the following.
- People who are unable to attend on postponement date – We will give you a full refund of your entry fees.
- People who have paid for the dinner – We will give you a full refund of the fee for the dinner.
- Adults who have previously entered all 4 events – For those adults who entered all four events you were effectively charged $10 for the Harris Interclub Rogaine. You are eligible to have the $10 refunded if your desire. Note in this case we can also offer a $10 fuel voucher to avoid the hassle of bank refunds if acceptable. This voucher will be given to you when you attend the events. Note that this does not apply if you are a Junior or Child.
- If you fall into any of the above categories and would like a refund please email [email protected] with your name, details of the refund you are seeking, and your bank account name and number.
- Should the events be run under Level 2, special protocols will be put in place to comply with government requirements and Orienteering NZ guidance as they apply at the time.
- We strongly encourage people to get vaccinated prior to attending the events. We believe the government may make vaccination mandatory, or at least a significant consideration for event organizers, when running large sporting events in the future.