Applications are invited for the following vacancy advertised in Orienteering NZ vacancies:
Junior World Orienteering Championships (JWOC) 2017 Coach
- Purpose: The primary role of the JWOC Coach is to assist the NZ representative team at JWOC to perform to the best of their ability and to improve upon previous results achieved by New Zealand representative teams at JWOC.
- Tenure: Tenure From appointment to the completion of the competition (approximately). The Junior World Orienteering Championships for 2017 will be held in Finland 9-16 July 2017.(Travel to/from championships and pre-event training have not been included in these dates).
- Personal qualities: The position requires an internationally experienced orienteer with sufficient time to devote to the role, with:
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- The ability to organise and plan
- Coaching experience with a thorough understanding of the techniques involved in competitive orienteering
The Coach is expected to travel to the Junior World Championships with the team.
- Position Description: JWOC Coach 2017 PD (PDF 789KB)
- Applications for this position to be forwarded to:
All applications received will be acknowledged by email.
- Applications for the position close: Monday 1 May 2017