Join the new OChat NZ Slack team – for live chat, sharing, and open team work on all things orienteering.
After registering your email address, check your email and log in any time on the web by visiting:
You can use slack in your browser, on your desktop, and through the mobile device Slack Apps: https://slack.com/downloads
The OChat NZ slack team is open to any ONZ member or supporters over the age of 13 to join. It enables you to have access to real time team chat and sharing any where, any time, and on most modern devices.
To start using OChat NZ Slack:
- Sign up by clicking on the link or Join button above.
- Enter your email address you would like to use to login for the OChat NZ Slack Team.
Please note: In Slack the email address may be visible to everyone who joins the Team – We encourage you to sign up with an email address you are comfortable sharing publicly.
- Check your email for the invitation and follow the invitation link in the email.
- Sign up with your real name, a user-name and a good password. Note: The user-name will be what people will use to refer to you in chat.
- You are now ready to post a message to say “Hi!” in the “General” channel.
- To see other Channels you can join, click on the + beside the CHANNELS heading. If you need help, please ask in the General channel!
Juniors – Please note: The Slack service terms and conditions state its service is not directed to children under 13, so if you are under 13 years of age, Slack does not permit you to access or use the services (just like Facebook). If you are under 18 you need to obtain any required consent or approval from your parent or guardian. As usual, on signing up to the service, please be aware any content you share including your name, email address, and content (like photos) will be visible to the public.
Q + A
Where can I find help about using Slack?
Check out the Slack Help at https://slack.com/intl/en-nz/help
Can I change the Enter key send in Slack?
Yes, by default, you send messages in Slack by using the Enter key. If you’d like, you can add a send button in the message field to use instead. Send via the keyboard then changes to Ctrl+Enter or Command+Enter.