Everyone who has a user account on the OrineteeringNZ website can post orienteering news items and orienteering blog posts onto the site. We encourage you to contribute your orienteering related blog posts. Blog posts appear immediately on the site and do not have to wait for approval. News items need to be approved by an “editor” user of the OrienteeringNZ website before they appear on the site.
How to add your blog post?
- First, log into the the site with your username and password. If you haven’t registered yet, visit and fill in the form at https://www.orienteering.org.nz/register , then confirm your email address by clicking on the activation link that is emailed to you after registering, and log in to the site. When you are logged in, your user avatar, display name and a logout link is shown in the left hand side of the top bar on the page.
- To add a blog post, Either:
- In the main site menu, click on the “News & Views” menu item. The “News & Views” summary page displays. Click on the “Add article” button beside the section with the heading “Recent Blog“. This will take you to your profile’s “Create new post” page. Or,
- Click on your user display name in the top bar of the site. Your “Profile” will display. Click on the “Posts” tab and select “Create new post“.
- Include a short heading title for your post and type or copy in the content for your blog post. Most browsers include a spell checker and will underline spelling mistakes.
- Optionally, select an image on your computer to be uploaded to be displayed at the top of the blog post and to be shown beside your blog post in lists.
- Add relevant “tags” to ensure the blog post is included in all the appropriate tag searches. For example, your blog post may be about or relevant to coaching, jwoc, and the team so the tags “coaching, jwoc, teams” may be appropriate.
- When you are happy with the blog post, click on “Create Post” button to submit.
- Be sure to now go to the blog page and check it displays as you expected. https://www.orienteering.org.nz/blogs/
- If you need to edit your post, you can go to your user profile (by clicking on your user name in top left corner of page), click on the “Posts” tab and view the list of “My Posts“. To edit your posts, click on the “Edit” button beside your blog post.
If you would like to include more than one image in your blog posts, you are welcome to contact the OrienteeringNZ website webmaster ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and ask to be upgraded to a blog contributor. You will then be able to upload multiple images and include them as part of your blog posts. Instructions on how to do this will be sent to you as part of the reply, and most likely added here later.