The Objects of Orienteering New Zealand Incorporated are to:
- Govern the sport of orienteering in New Zealand;
- Promote and encourage orienteering in New Zealand;
- Conduct competitions and championships;
- Be the representative body for all Members in New Zealand;
- Affiliate with international or national organisations to advance the interests of ONZ;
- Do all such other acts and things incidental or conducive to attainment of any of these objects.
The Constitution of Orienteering New Zealand Incorporated is part A.1. of the Policy and Procedures Manual.
The Orienteering New Zealand Council consists of six elected Council members and up to two co-opted members. For further details refer to the constitution. There are various officers, sub-committees, working groups, coaches, coordinators and team managers, which perform different functions within the overall orienteering body. Many of the roles are filled on a voluntary basis. Refer to Contact Orienteering NZ for current personnel list and contact details.
- ONZ Strategic Plan 2013 Version: 22 December 2013 – single page summary (PDF 176KB)
- NZOF Strategic Plan 2013-16 Version: 1 June 2013 – Full Document (PDF 704KB)
Orienteering NZ Annual Reports
- ONZ Annual Report 2017 (PDF 8MB)
- ONZ Annual Report 2016 (PDF 3MB)
- ONZ 2015 Annual Report (PDF 3MB)
- ONZ 2014 Annual Report (PDF 1MB)
- NZOF Annual Report 2013
- NZOF Annual Report 2012
- NZOF Annual Report 2011
- NZOF Annual Report 2010
- NZOF Annual Report 2009
Orienteering NZ AGM Minutes
- 2017 AGM Minutes
- 2016 AGM Minutes
- 2015 AGM Minutes
- 2014 AGM Minutes
- 2013 AGM Minutes
- 2012 AGM Minutes
- 2011 AGM Minutes
- 2010 AGM Minutes
- 2009 AGM Minutes
- 2008 AGM Minutes
- 2007 AGM Minutes
- 2006 AGM Minutes
- 2005 AGM Minutes
Orienteering NZ Awards
Orienteering NZ celebrates excellence in orienteering each year with the presentation of a range of Awards. The awards are announced and presented at the Annual Dinner during the New Zealand Orienteering Championships (Nationals).
The Awards are:
- Award for Services to New Zealand Orienteering
Our premier service award honouring an individual who has contributed in a most deserving manner to the development of orienteering in New Zealand.
- International Performance of the Year
For achievement by an individual or team in international competition in the year nominated.
- Kapiti HAVOC Trophy (Junior International Performance of the Year)
For international performance by a junior in the year nominated.
- Coach of the Year
For outstanding contribution in coaching by an individual during the year nominated.
- Mountain-Bike Orienteer of the Year
For meritorious performance by an individual or team in mountain bike orienteering during year nominated.
- Rogainer of the Year
For meritorious performance by an individual or team in rogaining during year nominated.
- NZOF Administrator of the Year
For outstanding contribution in administration for either a club, NZOF or a special project by an individual during the yearnominated.
- President’s Award
For outstanding volunteer contribution to a club (or clubs) by an individual during year nominated.
- National Volunteer Awards
For volunteer service at national level (5 per year).
- Brighouse Trophy
For the best combined performance by an affiliated NZOF member in national and provincial long-distance events during the year by an individual. Refer to Brighouse Trophy Rules.
Orienteering NZ Awards Recipients
- Ampro Sales Club Growth Award (1982 – 2007)
- Silva Magazine of the Year (1992 – 2006)
1992 – Terry Brighouse
2003 – Bruce Collins
2003 – John Robinson
2003 – Graham Teahan
2003 – Michael Wood
1975 – Sverre Moen (deceased 1976)
1976 – Ralph King (deceased 2014)
1988 – Tony Nicholls (deceased 1995)
1992 – John Davies (deceased 2014)