Content for this section is still being developed.
- Kiwi-O Manual 2014 (PDF 1.13MB) – Orienteering for Schools. For a minimum preparation, minimum equipment, minimum cost orienteering programme in primary and intermediate schools. (Note: A5 page size)
- International Specification for Orienteering Maps (ISOM 2017)
Orienteering is a worldwide sport. A common approach to the interpretation and drawing of orienteering maps is essential for fair competition and for the future growth of the sport. It is the aim of the International Specification for Orienteering Maps (ISOM) to provide a map specification which can accomodate the many different types of terrain around the world and the many ways of doing orienteering. For printing the booklet at home, you can use this file: ISOM2017 booklet print
- International Specification for Sprint Orienteering Maps (ISSOM) (PDF)
- International Specification for MTB Orienteering Maps (PDF)
Control Descriptions Reference
- International Specification for Control Descriptions – 2018 (A4) (PDF)
International Specification for Control Descriptions – 2018 (A5) (PDF)
Orienteering is a worldwide sport. It is the aim of the IOF control description symbols to provide a stable means for orienteers from all countries to be able to understand control descriptions without ambiguity or the need for language translation. This booklet shows how the symbols can be used to do this.
- Leaflet – IOF WOD Let’s GO Orienteering (PDF 2MB)
- Youth Orienteering youth.orienteering.org (International Orienteering Federation)
- O in a Box (Schools coaching resource) – (South African Orienteering Federation)
- “Cool, Awesome and Educational” – Online Resource for School Orienteering Ages 6-12(Sweden)
- The Better Orienteering website https://betterorienteering.org/ – a collaboration by orienteers across the UK and includes a series of videos featuring members of the UK team demonstrating navigation techniques. It’s free to use and simply aims to help people start orienteering and get better at orienteering.
- Orienteering Australia – Getting Started Videos
Orienteering for beginners – by Alexander Lines (aged 11) – a short introduction to orienteering.
10 Elements of Orienteering – videos from Irish Orienteering Association.
ONZ News tagged with 'Schools'
- Compass Point – March 2020
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update – March 17, 2020
- Selection Notice – World Schools Championships Orienteering 2021
- Selection Notice – New Zealand Secondary Schools Team 2020
- Updated Overseas Resource for Clubs and Members working with Schools
- 2020 North Island Secondary School Orienteering Championships Entry Information
- Orienteering Training Camp (Years 5-8 at school) 21-23 Dec 2019 Registrations
- 2019 Junior and U23 Orienteering Training Camps Registrations Open
- NZ Secondary School Champs 2019 Day2 – Long Distance Video
- NZ Secondary School Champs 2019 Day1 – Relay Highlights Video
Members Blog Posts tagged with 'Schools'
- Local Focus: Kids loving cunning running (Video – NZ Herald)
- Orienteering Event to Raise Funds for Geraldine High School (Stuff)
- Clued-up kids get orienteering course back on track (Stuff Marlborough-Express)
- Waiuku College leading the way in orienteering (Stuff – Franklin County News)
- Challenge puts the ‘fun’ in fundraising (Stuff)
- Orienteering Students to Defend North Island Champs Titles (Stuff)
- Think fast, move fast (Otago Daily Times)
- New IOF WOD/Schools Orienteering Leaflet Available
- Callum Farmer earns U16 Sportsman of the Year prize at junior sports awards
- Big chunk of competitors in orienteering event schoolkids (Stuff)