The current list of vacancies related to Orienteering New Zealand is below and included in each monthly Orienteering NZ Update Newsletter. If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering in the sport of orienteering, please contact us via the General Manager email@example.com
Applications are invited for the following vacancies:
2019 ANZ Challenge NZ Team Manager
Tenure: From appointment to the completion of the A-NZ Challenge Team 2019 competitions in and around Wagga Wagga, NSW as part of the Australian Championships carnival which runs from 27 September to 6 October 2019.
Role: A manager is sought for the New Zealand team for the 2019 Australia-New Zealand Orienteering Challenge, to be contested as part of the 2019 Oceania Championships from Saturday 28th September to Sunday 6th October in NSW and Victoria.
The manager will be responsible for communicating with the team and acting as the liaison person with the Australian event organisers and Australian team Manager. He/She will also have a number of responsibilities under the Challenge rules (mostly relating to agreements between the countries on late team changes, etc.).
The manager may also have a role in coordinating uniforms to ensure all team members have a New Zealand top to run in.
The manager will not be expected to organise any travel or accommodation arrangements for the team.
If you are interested in taking on this role, please email the ONZ General Manager as soon as possible and at the latest by Saturday, 14 September 2019.
Applications close Saturday 14 September 2019 email to firstname.lastname@example.org
MTBO Selection Panel
2019 ONZ Junior Camp Manager
The Junior Camp Manager role is appointed annually. – The 2019 Junior Camp is being hosted by Counties Manukau 15-20 December 2019.
- The Camp Manager has the overall responsibility for the smooth running of the camp. This includes (and can be delegated); timeline coordination, budget management, child welfare and discipline, crisis and risk management, first aid, receive medical and consent forms etc, confirm appropriate logistic arrangements have been made.
- Organising the supervision and pastoral care outside of coaching time (to give the coaching team a break)
- Be responsible for risk management for the in-field exercises and must use Orienteering NZ SMP System with HARM form/s completed, in liaison with the National Coaching Coordinator. This includes a Risk Management briefing for all at training sites
- First aid provision confirmed
- Overall camp report (including accidents & Incidents) completed.
Full Position Description: ONZ Junior Camp Role Descriptions (PDF 198KB)
Applications close: Friday 21 June 2019 email to email@example.com