At the XXVIII Ordinary General Assembly of the IOF in Strömstad, Sweden on August 26, the IOF members voted in favour of the proposed Code of Ethics and necessary statutory changes.
When the full statutory changes come into effect, the XXIX General Assembly in 2018 will appoint the Ethics Panel of up to 5 persons. Until that time, Council will appoint an Ethics Commission with the same remit as the Ethics Panel. The IOF is now seeking nominations from member federations for members of the Ethics Commission. It is desirable to have Commission
Members with the following attributes:
- Experience in sports management
- If possible have knowledge of the law, or experience of legal procedures
- Be scrupulously independent, with no undeclared conflicts of interest
- Have very good English language skills (reading, understanding speech, and speaking
- Be prepared to act as unpaid volunteers, with only actual expenses defrayed
- Possess powers of judgement and a reputation for impartiality that would inspire confidence in those being called to account for breaches of ethics, and in the management of all IOF Member Federations.
More information on the IOF Code of Ethics click here
Anyone interested in this opportunity should contact Catriona [email protected] No later than 29 September 2016.
ONZ is required to submit nominations to the IOF by 1 October 2016.