The World University Orienteering Championships 2020 will be held in Smolensk, Russia from 14-18 July 2020.
As per the Orienteering NZ G1 Selection Policy the 2020 WUOC team will be selected on Known Form from the following events.
- 21/22 March 2020 in Auckland (primary events)
- ONZ Championships in Manawatu 10-13 April 2020 (secondary events)
- the 2019 ONZ Championships
- previous performances at comparable international events
Overseas based athletes should nominate up to 2 World Ranking Events (WRE) at any date up to and including 19 April 2020.
Athletes must be a minimum of 17 years of age and no older than 25 years of age on 1 January 2020, and either currently registered as a student at a university or similar institute, or have graduated in the year preceding the event.
Athletes will be expected to:
- have the technical ability and level of fitness to finish in at least the top 75% of the field in at least one of the three individual races.
All orienteers interested in selection for the 2020 WUOC team shall notify their interest, year of birth, and cell phone number to the Convenor of Selectors Al Cory-Wright (email@example.com) by 1 February 2020.
No WUOC 2020 Athlete Contribution fee has been confirmed at this time.