The Junior World Orienteering Championships 2019 will be held in Aarhus, Denmark from 6-13 July 2018.
As per the Orienteering NZ G1 Selection Policy and in particular the 2019 JWOC team will be selected on Known Form from the following events.
- 30-31 March 2019 in Auckland
- ONZ National Championships in Canterbury 19-22 April 2019
- the 2018 Orienteering New Zealand Championships
- previous performances at JWOC and other comparable international events.
Athletes will be expected to:
- have a structured training plan in place by 31 January 2019, and to work with a suitable coach/mentor to follow this.
- demonstrate the technical ability and level of fitness required to finish in at least the top 50% of the field in at least one of the three individual races;
All athletes interested in selection for the 2019 JWOC team shall notify their interest, year of birth, and cell phone number to the Convenor of Selectors Al Cory-Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 February 2019.
The team be announced following the ONZ Championships.
For JWOC 2019 the Athlete Contribution fee will be NZ$1700 and includes team competition costs such as accommodation and travel during the JWOC competition and pre-JWOC camp; Team Staff travel, accommodation and accreditation costs; training maps, etc.
Payment of the Athlete Contribution Fee deposit must be made no later than 1 June 2019.